Saturday, July 30, 2016

Project: Playroom {the vision}

Projects

Project: Playroom {the vision}

A play room for the girls is in the works!
We figured since we don’t have guests stay with us all that often, we should turn the guest room into the girls main play area.  Our living room is seriously getting taken over by toys.  We know that we can make it work when people do come to visit.  [So don’t worry, mom, we’ll give you our bed next time you’re here]!  Rather than have a room go unused for 48 weeks out of the year, we’ve decided to transform the space into a fun play room for the girls.  I’m excited!
IMG_2429
Today, I sold the last piece of furniture that needed to go in order to make the room work.  The bed sold a few days ago, and a friend said she’ll buy the night stands when she returns from Europe next week.
**Side note**
Everything in the room was furniture that was given to us at some point before/during our marriage. So thank you Aunty Judy & Uncle Walter, the Chupps, and the Sauls for your part in helping create this awesome space for our girls, haha.
IMG_2525
IMG_2506
IMG_2513
The first step was to get rid of the furniture.  C H E C K.
I went right to Facebook for help on this one.  I joined this group a few months back called Online Yard Sale (for two zip codes in our area).  It’s awesome and super easy.  Easier than Craigslist in my opinion. Especially since (most) people I know have FB.  Three different items, all sold within a day of being posted.
And now I have my playroom budget. B A M  🙂
My vision isn’t complete yet, but there are a few basic elements that I want.  Next on the agenda is to play the layout.  So far, I have purchased two of these white organizers from Target and some purple bins to go in them from Amazon.  Also, these pieces of material and cute lettering from Walmart.  So far, I have broken even almost exactly to the dollar.
white cubespurple bins
IMG_0309
Stay tuned for what’s to come.  I’m thinking a new play kitchen, organized toy bins, bookshelf, and maybe a reading nook with some sort of canopy.  Like I said, I’m still working out the details in my head (and the layout)! Just thought I’d share…
April 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment