Monday, July 25, 2016

Oh, Crap! {literally}

Family Random

Oh, Crap! {literally}

So, our weekend got off to an interesting start.  Mike came home from work around 2pm, and shortly after Lily woke up from her nap. Seems normal, right?!  Let me elaborate.
When Mike came home from work, he peeked in the girls’ room because he thought he heard something.  I’m glad he did.  It turns out that Lily did NOT end up taking a nap.
Instead, she pooped her diaper…
After sheLily at Beach pooped, I guess she couldn’t fall asleep.  I mean, who could fall asleep with something like that trapped in their pants?!  Anyway, I guess she couldn’t handle it.  So she took matters into her own hands… literally.  You can probably see where I’m going with this.
Lily then proceeded to deal with her situation.  Not by taking her diaper off, but by trying to adjust what was inside it.  Sorry if this is TMI.  I just want you to understand the scope of the situation.
When Mike found her, she had blessed:  the bed (sheets, frame, & mattress cover), the rocking chair (butt padding & armrests), her stuffed animals that hang in an over-the-door shoe rack, the shoe rack, the door, the wall behind the door, Emma’s crib, a side stool and two books. In case you were wondering, she read every single page.  Ask me how I know.
Somehow, Emma slept through it all.  Even after Mike retrieved the poopy girl and gave her to me (just picture Mufasa holding Simba in The Lion King), sleeping beauty didn’t stir.  I kinda felt bad leaving her in the room.  I mean, the air wasn’t fresh.
I had to deal with poop girl first, so the room would have to come later.  After a 30 minute soaking bath, Lily emerged as a clean child again. Another hour or two later, after some deep cleaning and laundry soaking, we were able to put the whole ordeal behind us.
And that was just Friday afternoon.
I truly love being a mom.  In moments like these, my earthly purpose is clear.  Clean the girl.  Fix the problem.  Save the day.
But I know it won’t always be that simple.  I pray that as the problems evolve– attitudes, defiance, rules, boys, school–I can have the same grace and patience as I had when I cleaned up poop.  Weird thought, right?
Seasoned moms (and dads) out there, what’s one mess your child made that you remember most clearly?

No comments:

Post a Comment