Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Break, part 1 (Adventures in Door Trim)

This is my favorite time of the break [the very beginning].  It's all laid out before me, and I have so much I want to accomplish!  It's a great feeling...

I'm just blessed that I have a break at all.  My poor husband has been working seven twelves since the Super Bowl, and he's had such a good attitude about it.  The hardest thing for him has been not having energy when he gets off work to do the stuff he enjoys.  After working 5:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday, he was able to hop in the ocean for a bit and catch a wave or two, but he said it was too windy.  Well, he got off a little early yesterday (Sunday) and came home around 1pm, surprise!  He was able to use our friends' saws and start the downstairs trim in the hallway.  It looks great!  Of course it still needs to be caulked and painted, but it makes a huge difference already!  I just had to show off his handiwork :)

BEFORE:  without trim

AFTER:  with trim
I can't wait until he does the window above the kitchen sink, the living room window and the two sliding doors!  It's gonna look SOOOO good :)

On another note, Sunday School went well yesterday.  I've been teaching it by myself these last few weeks since Mike has been working.  We've been going through the life of David and talking about how God was with him throughout his whole life.  Last class, we discussed David in Saul's service and using our talents and abilities to glorify God.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."  1 Corinthians 10:31

This week we read all of 1 Samuel 17--the full story of David and Goliath.  I think they knew the story, but it seemed like many of them had never read it straight from the Bible.  Like me at their age, they had probably seen the videos or heard the abridged version.

Our scripture then took on a whole new meaning:  "The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in him and he helps me.."  Psalm 28:7a

Lastly, I wanted to share some pictures from our girls' day.  Typically, we have about 6 girls and 6 boys in Sunday School, but only three of the girls made it when we had a get together a few weeks ago.  We had fun though!

Fondue!

Cookie time

Mess

Baking

Colors

Creations

And more...








No comments:

Post a Comment