Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Morning Prayer

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you--even Jesus.  He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through this holy prophets."  Acts 3:19-21

On this 6th day of Lent, I am reading in Acts about what happened after the death and resurrection of Jesus.  These verses are a good reminder that God does bring times of refreshing, and that he WILL restore everything in his own timing.

Praise God that my acceptance is not merit-based, nor is it measured on good behavior.  I have failed (and continue to fail everyday), yet I am still accepted.  How humbling.

As I ponder parenthood and think of all the things that will come in the next few months, I can't help but desire a deeper relationship with Christ.  Knowing that my relationship with Jesus will be a model for my daughter to follow only humbles me further.  I don't simply want to go through the motions of Christianity and teach her to be a good person.  Rather, I desire to lean on Christ daily.  I pray that he will open her eyes in his perfect timing, and that her heart will be responsive to his call.

No comments:

Post a Comment