Friday, July 5, 2013

Friends, Funnel Cake, and Fireworks

I had a really enjoyable 4th of July this year!  It was sporadic and random, but super fun.  My friend, Brooke, told me that Switchfoot and OneRepublic were playing at Schofield.  This was the day before, but Mike and I decided to go and check it out.  I am glad we did--both bands put on a GREAT show!  Only military and DOD were allowed on base, so it wasn't as crazy as Schofield has been in years past.  We got in and out with minimal traffic :)  Here are some photos of the fun!











The 4th of July is typically an enjoyable celebration.  It's always during the summer and that means NO SCHOOL!  Fourth of July is one of those holidays where I can usually recall what I did in years past.  Let's see how I do...

2013:  Hawaii, Schofield - Concert and Fireworks with friends
2012:  Hawaii, Ehukai - Beach day BBQ with friends
2011:  Hawaii, Yoks - Beach day BBQ Extravaganza with friends
2010:  Alaska, Anchorage - BBQ with Holly at the Coalwell's House
2009:  Hawaii, Ala Moana - Camping with my sister and church
2008:  Hawaii, Kapolei - BBQ at the park with church and the gals (summer of fun)
2007:  Hawaii, White Plains - Surf Camp with Kama'aina Kids
2006:  Florida, Jacksonville - Friendship Fountain with Eastside Community Church
2005:  North Carolina, Sylva - Fireworks with extended relatives (road trip)
2004:  North Carolina, Black Mountain - YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly, FCA Camp
2003:  Israel, Tel Aviv - Youth Camp @ Baptist Village
2002:  I can't remember, but we probably were at my grandparents' house or Highlands
2001:  Mexico, Acapulco - Casa Hogar del Nino de Acapulco
2000:  Israel, Jerusalem - Missionary Friends' Home

That's all I've got... my brain is pretty much mush after that :)  Plus, before 2000 I couldn't drive, so I just did whatever the family was doing...  ahhhhhh, the days.

Another Fourth of July for the Books :)

No comments:

Post a Comment