Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Update

When people ask me house the house is coming, it's hard to give an answer.  Everyday when I leave from working on it, I feel like I accomplished SO much!  Then I look at the big picture of the house and feel like it will still be months before we can move in.  I know it's a process, but I'll be excited when large items start to get installed.  You know, like a tub or shower, maybe a toilet or cabinets.  Right now, it's just gutted...

To be honest, we didn't work on the house hard core this weekend.  There are a few things we are still waiting on in order to get everything moving.  The main thing we're waiting on right now is the inspector to approve our footing holes before we can pour the concrete.  They're ready for inspection, we've just had a hard time getting a hold of him.

The footing ready for concrete :)  Mike was really proud of his rebar bending abilities...
The other side... again, Mike is hailed as the rebar master :)
Aside from getting the footings totally ready, we cut a hole in the ceiling of the hall for an attic access.  We also bought a bunch of 1/2 inch ply board to put up there for storage.  I was tasked with cutting it into smaller pieces.  

Just call me carpenter girl.
We also removed the old laundry room door and replaced it with a new one that actually closes all the way!

We removed the old door and busted up the concrete and tile underneath it.
Mike, preparing the entry.
No door.
Open door.
New, closed door.  I painted the trim and it should go up today.
The last thing we worked on this weekend was the downstairs bath and getting the floor cleared.  Using the chipping gun is hard work!  First, I attempted to use the scraper, but to no avail.  I used the gun for a whole ten minutes, then put Mike on it...  I'm not looking forward to the larger tiled area in the living room/kitchen.

The rubbish we needed to clean up.
I HATED scraping!
The chipping gun was better than scraping, but it is a full body workout!
Here it is semi-cleared, but it's hard to see texture in a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment