Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May Day at IPA

This is a bit of a late post, but I thought I'd share our lovely day at school as we celebrated May Day 2014!  It was a beautiful day--nice breeze, not too hot, and no rain!  May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii.  It is a day set aside to celebrate island culture and the culture of Native Hawaiians in particular.  Song and dance usually accompany the celebration, and this day was no exception.  Each grade level performed a hula, including the faculty and staff.  All around, it was a great day!  

Afterward, I invited people over to my house to BBQ and enjoy the pool.  I love being able to host people!  Here are some pics from the day's festivities...

Here is my homeroom looking lovely :)
Again with their preggo teacher :)
Everyone on the field ready for the festivities!
A few of my 6th graders
Most of my 7th graders
Some of my 8th graders
More smiling faces!
After party at my house... making good use of the island!
Greg and Ches
Kaleo enjoying some pool time!
Kid doing what they love!
The girls chatting :)
Look at that face!!  Somebody loves the water :)
Angelo all bundled up :)
Angelo and Uncle Ben
Chesley showing us how he used to play with his baby toys.


No comments:

Post a Comment