Tuesday, July 30, 2019

A New Normal

My three little monkeys are finding the most adorable joy in climbing up the family step stool to flip onto the couch.  This Saturday morning, Pandora is playing in the background, and rather than my usual frustration with the shouting and sisterly banter, my heart is bursting with joy that I'm here in this place.  What a gift it is to see my one and a half year old play with her big sisters.  We're turning a proverbial corner and I can see it happening right before my eyes.  No more babies (at least for now) are lying in Rock-n-Plays or sitting up in Bumbos. There are no baby gyms or walkers or Jumperoos hiding out in the corners of our living space.  Just a one, three, and five year old playing "family" together in this moment with a card board "Ninja Blender" box I just received from Amazon. I think this is the first time I've taken note of this.  I'm glad I did because it all happens so fast.

In exactly one week, my first born baby girl starts a new chapter in her life.  She starts kindergarten.  It's a new chapter for her, but it's also a new chapter for me--one that is bitter-sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment