Monday, June 13, 2016

Weekly Update #4

June 4th - June 10th, 2016

This week was yet another whirlwind of fun and crazy.  We started off last weekend with a few parties.  Things didn't seem to slow down though.  We just kept picking up speed...

My annual MOMS Club banquet was held at Kamakana Swim Club on June 4th this year.  Mike watched the girls for me.  Yay for daddy!  I had the opportunity to help set up and serve the moms of our club at this event.  I'll write more about MOMS Club in a later post, but wanted to mention it and show the highlights of the evening.  

This night was a chance to celebrate motherhood and friendships made -- post babies -- this past year.

  • We honored the volunteers and coordinators that serve around 90 families on Leeward Oahu 
  • We ate delicious food  
  • We mingled and visited with friends 
  • We gave away 60+ prizes donated by wonderful individuals and companies across the island
  • We raised almost $3,400 for three charities our members voted on

    Finally, to cap off the night, we passed the baton of leadership as we welcomed the new board for the 2016-2017 term.  I had the pleasure of serving as treasurer with these beautiful mamas, and I can honestly say that I truly enjoyed the responsibility and service!    






On Sunday, I dragged myself out of bed to finish the cupcakes for Lily's party after church.  Mostly, it was a party for me and Mike.  A few of Lily's friends just happened to be there too.  As you can see, I had a lot of fun with the decor and food.  We went with a Curious George theme as she's very into the show these days.  Overall, it was a lot of fun and we enjoyed a beautiful day of pool basketball, jump time, cupcakes, and toys!!  But most importantly it was a day spent with great friends. 



















After the big weekend, the weekdays seemed mundane.  However, we still managed to play at the park with friends.



Enjoyed a neighborhood water day that ended in Lily's first epic water balloon fight.  




Lounged around the house.


Played at the beach.


And hosted Surf Club (it's a real thing y'all).



And last but not least, I was spoiled this week with not one, but TWO girls' nights IN with great friends on both Wednesday and Friday!  Thanks Mike ;)  Here's from Wed...


Same place next week.  A hui hou.  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment