Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blogging 101

Well, here goes nothin'.  This is my first post on my very own Blog.  I called it "Wolfepack Adventures" -- get it?  I've been pretty intrigued by blogs lately, and thought it was time I start my own.  Mike and I have a lot going on right now, so I thought it'd be a fun way to share life's many adventures with friends and family who happen to read it.  

The other thing that makes blogging so attractive to me is the fact that it doesn't have to be perfect.  I can jot down milestones or I can leave some encouragement; I can share recipes or highlight a craft I'm working on;  I can blog about trips, or hikes, or bad days;  I can share Jesus through everyday life and record what it looks like when I try to live my life bringing glory and honor to him.  

I know I'll have good days, and bad days.  Hopefully this blog will be a reminder of God's goodness -- a reminder that his mercies are new with every waking day!

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."  1 Corinthians 10:31

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, I need to CLEAN!  We are in the process of buying a house, and feel so blessed that we were given this opportunity.  It's been an interesting road, but through it all we have seen God's hand at work.  We are supposed to close on the house May 17th.  (That's also my Dad's birthday)!  Two more weeks...

Anyway, this morning I have to get the condo clean because we are suppose to show it tomorrow.  Since we're breaking our lease, we really need someone to take over the payments.

Here's a sneak peek of our greatest house achievement thus far -- the pool.  It was a require fix in order to get the loan.  

Pool before (March 2013)

Pool during (April 2013)


Pool after (May 2013)

In addition to the pool, Mike and I have fixed (or paid to fix) a few other things:
  • Garage Door (we did that)
  • Foliage "encroaching on dwelling" (we did that also)
  • Remove soiled spots in carpet (did that too)
  • Remove mold from laundry room/kitchen drywall (professionals)
  • Replace drywall (weren't allowed to do it ourselves)
The mold was the scariest part, but it looks great now!  Here are a few before and after shots.  More to come...

Before weeding.
After weeding.
Weeds there.
Weeds gone.
there...
gone... :)

Ok, well that's all for now. Like I said, there will be more to come.  I really need to start CLEANING!

1 comment:

  1. Hey April, cool to see that you have started a blog. It's great that you are about to move into a house - a real milestone. Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete