Sunday, November 20, 2016

Weekly Update #26

Family Updates

Weekly Update #26

This is the last of the late posts (I think).  Although, to finally catch up, I’ll need to post this weekend…
We’ve been busy, as usual, and I just haven’t made the time to upload photos from my phone. Plus, Apple makes it really hard to upload pics from my iPhone to my PC.  No joke, it took almost two hours to “update” my computer and phone so that iTunes would sync the two.  A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G. Anyway, here’s the week of:

November 5th – 11th, 2016

On Saturday, we went with the Byrds to V-land on North Shore.  The guys surfed and the rest of us played in the sun, sand and surf!  Waves were big that day…
img_5476
img_5471
Later that night, I took Lily (and Emma) to the Fair at the local high school to meet up with some old friends from camp–Greg and Marlo (+fams).  It was fun, but also a rip off… and waaaay past bedtime.  This was also the day I left my stroller at the park and it got stolen. I seriously drove right off without it. My bad. On an up note though, through MOMS Club, someone knew someone who was willing to give us almost the exact same stroller (albeit a little more used than the one I left), but a FREE stroller nonetheless.  Talk about blessings 🙂
img_5482
On Sunday, I went to a Mercy Me concert at the Blaisdell with a couple of mom friends.  So good, you guys!!  I didn’t realize that they’ve been a band for 22 years!!  Bart Millard shared his heart and testimony of how God has been working in his life lately, and it was really encouraging to hear.  I love their new music too!! Good stuff. Check it out my favorites–FLAWLESSGREATER, & audio of Wishful Thinking.
img_5484
We went to a volunteer appreciation brunch at a community pool/playground, and had a lovely time!
img_5510
img_5526
Lily finished her second potty chart this week!  We’re getting closer to being fully potty trained… but it’s a long process.
img_5555
We hosted Surf Club at White Plains before we headed over to Kauai for a long weekend.  It was a nice day at the beach.  No wind, which meant clean and glassy surf.  The only problem is that it wasn’t really breaking.  I think I only caught one wave… but I did take my fun board, which I haven’t ridden since either of the girls were born.  Not too shabby for riding a 7’6″. That night we also took a meal to the Reeds who just welcomed a new baby boy into their family 🙂
img_5556
That’s all for this week.  Next I’ll post about our trip to Kauai!  I posted pictures already on FB, but I’ll put a few up here too with some kid friendly suggestions as well.
April 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment