Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Sitting in Silence

I recently read a blog about how serving our children, is like serving God himself.  

Matthew 25:40 says, “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Many days I need reminding that I'm right where I need to be.  Bringing Glory to our Savior through things that may seem trivial.  But if my heart is in tune to God's praise, nothing is off limits.

The cooking
the cleaning
the shopping
the play time
the messy feedings
the diaper changes
Yes, even the meltdowns

I'm doing it all for God's glory.  I find great joy in knowing that.  

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."  
1 Corinthians 10:31

As Christians, everything we set out to do can be done for God's glory.  As I sit here in silence this Wednesday morning, I pray that I will be reminded of that throughout the day.  That my actions, words and attitude will point to Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment