Monday, September 15, 2014

Birthday Blog

First family hike :)
I can't believe I'm 30 years young!  Wasn't I just making dirt balls and riding bikes in my neighborhood a little bit ago?!  God has blessed my life abundantly, and I am so grateful for his love.  I am thoroughly enjoying this season as a new mommy, and I'm so thankful that my husband cheerfully supports our family so I can stay home with our little love bug.  I'm also thankful to my  wonderful mother for loving me and raising me so that I can be a great mother to Lily.

Me and my beautiful mother - 1984
30 years later.  Me and my sweet Lily - 2014
This past year has been a whirlwind.  We finished renovating our house (almost), moved in, decorated (slightly), and had a beautiful baby girl.  I couldn't ask for more!  I still have to take life one day at a time though.  Otherwise, I'll stress out thinking about stuff I don't need to stress about.  

Lily is still a pistol.  She has such a personality for a three month old.  She's so alert and aware of her surroundings.  Lately, she hates her car seat and throws tantrums if she's overly tired.  We've already begun the child training process using a stern voice when she throws fits.  It's not easy or fun, but hopefully with time and as she begins to understand more, she will obey cheerfully.  

All in all, I am having a wonderful 30th birthday.  I look forward to rocking my 30's and embracing the journey God has me on with my husband and daughter.  House pics to come on my next blog...


"Even a child is known by his actions, 
by whether his conduct is pure and right."
Proverbs 20:11

2 comments:

  1. Again Happy Big 30 - Your blogs are pure delight to read. Kathy Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, you are beautiful inside and out, and you deserve nothing but the best birthday and a blessed year all year long! I can't believe we have been friends for over 20 years! Even though we are miles and miles away from each other and don't talk as much as we should, I will always consider you as one of my best friends ever! Love ya girl!...Lauren

    ReplyDelete