Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Kitchen is Coming Along!

We spent a lot of time on the house this weekend.  We had to turn down numerous exciting activities with friends, but the house MUST get finished.  The only way that's going to happen is if we push it into high gear.  I have to say that it has come a very long way though.  I'm really excited to see the finished project and look forward to cooking some amazing meals in my brand new kitchen.

I am so thankful for the people that have come to help us work these last few weeks:  Kim, Jordan, Henry (although it was a stealthy job), Ben, Sabine, Luke, Brooke, and Bain.  It's coming along!  From the time we did the first coat of primer, it has taken us about a week to paint the entire inside of the house--that includes every room and ALL the trim upstairs.  I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Here are some pictures of the down stairs, kitchen mostly.  I'll save the upstairs for another post.

Stripped down to the bones; you can sort of see the pantry on the left side.
Here it is with the drywall up.  Not taped yet.
Drywall and tape.
Drywall, tape and texture.
Drywall, tape, texture, and paint.
Hopefully soon I'll have a picture of the cabinets installed.  The sad part is that I think we'll have to wait on new appliances for now.  We're running out of money...  

In the next post, I'll try to capture the essence of the upstairs and the colors I chose.


Our tangerines are ready to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment