Thursday, June 2, 2022

Lily Turns EIGHT

 Wow, it's hard to believe that the girl who made me a mama is now EIGHT years old! 









Lily, 

You are such a treasure! From creating art and stories, to putting on shows and organizing ideas, to reading books and watching Bates with the gals, to making pancakes, muffins, cupcakes and cookies (without my assistance), to swimming and diving in the ocean... it is a true joy to watch you grow and learn. You are such a helpful big sister, daughter and friend! You genuinely love and care for others, and I'm thankful for your joyful attitude when Daddy or I ask you to do a task/chore. 

Your knowledge and love of scripture has increased with each year, and I pray that God would keep you on the straight and narrow for His glory. I pray the Holy Spirit would continually work in your heart to bring that knowledge of Him in alignment with your actions, words, attitude and heart desires.

One of your best friends just moved away yesterday and though I know you're sad, you're handling it like a champ! I'm looking forward to learning alongside you this coming year in third grade as we begin our homeschool journey together. Watching you in second grade at public school was so neat. You never had to be reminded to do your homework, and I was surprised at how fast you and Emma fell into a routine. Your teacher had nothing but positive things to say about your work ethic and concern for others as well as your academic performance. All glory be to God! 

I remember clearly all those moments as an infant when we couldn't calm you down or get you to stop screaming. All I could do was cry because that wasn't how I pictured motherhood. It was HARD. Boy am I thankful you outgrew that stage!

Happiest of birthdays, my love.  Can't wait to celebrate with your friends next week!

Love, 
Mommy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment