Monday, August 22, 2016

Weekly Update #14

Family Updates

Weekly Update #14

August 13th – 20th, 2016
The Lord continues to bless our family.  I’m am so thankful each day for happy, healthy children and a healthy and hard-working husband.  I know everyday is a gift, and I do my best to live it as such!
Mike was working second shift this last week, so it afforded us mornings together as a family.  Although I was a little hesitant about the schedule, I have to say that it was a nice change of pace.   He left for work around 12:30pm and got home around 10:00pm.  I don’t think I’d choose it permanently, but  having daddy home in the mornings was a real treat for his girls.
This week was full of adventures as usual.  It started on Saturday with a trip to Nanakuli Beach to visit our friends at Nanaikapono Protestant Church during their annual church camp. While Aunty Momi held her, Emma helped herself to her first Twinkie (it was banana flavored).  Later that day, after nap time, we headed down to Makaha for some “family time” with the Garretts.
IMG_2890
Frankie and Lily did “cheers” with their blow-pops.  They were all super happy about the extra sugar!
IMG_2896
Sunday after church, we headed back to NPC’s camp at the beach.  We spent all afternoon there again…
IMG_2911
When we got home, we were inspired to set up a tent of our own in the backyard.
IMG_2926
*Side note – In the house that evening, Emma decided to crawl for the first time!
Monday morning was spent working on projects around the house.  Mike watched the girls while I did some painting. Tuesday morning, we met some friends at Chuck E. Cheese and spent some quality time together.
IMG_2952
IMG_2957
IMG_2947
IMG_2988
That evening, the girls and I played then walked to the park.  For some reason, the umbrella came out.  Lily loved it!
IMG_2960
IMG_2966
Wednesday morning, I was able to go surfing with a friend [dawn patrol].  This is what I came home to:
IMG_2987
Later, I took Lily to Park Day with MOMS Club to play with lots of friends.
IMG_2982
Thursday morning, we hosted Surf Club.  There was a good turn out and Mike got to join us this time!
Friends and beach time are always a hit…
IMG_2993
IMG_2997
That afternoon I did some baking.  I whipped up these delicious coconut cookie ice cream sandwiches.
IMG_3036
That evening, we met up with some friends for pancakes at Denny’s!
IMG_3006
Friday morning, we enjoyed some poolside fun!
IMG_3031
Friday afternoon, we enjoyed some more poolside fun… this time with friends.
emma big
And yes, ALL of our children ate Cheez-Its off the ground.
IMG_3052
See you next week!
April 

No comments:

Post a Comment